In our family, we always prepare sweets for snack. And my mom is a specialist in it. She used to make different kind of sweets as my daddy used to have sweet every-time after his meal. That might be the reason why I always curve for sweets.
Here, I have the recipe of carrot halwa or gajar ka halwa which is very simple and easy to make. So let’s try out the recipe.
Step 1: Heat 3 tbsp ghee in a pan and add in the cashew nut and dry grapes.
Note: You can add the nuts as your preference. I have added black seeded dry grape and cashew nuts.
Step 2: Stir it until it turns lite brown. Then remove the nuts from the pan and keep it separately.
Step 3: With the same ghee in the pan, add in 2 and 1/2 cup of grated carrot and mix it well in the ghee.
Step 4: Now add in 1 and 1/4 cup of whole fat milk. Let the carrot cook well in the milk.
Step 5: Once the milk gets absorbed, add in the 3/4 cup of sugar (adjust the quantity as per your taste). Cook the halwa until it thickens. Now add the roasted cashew and grapes. Mix altogether.
The right time to turn off the stove is when the ghee starts coming out from the halwa. Turn Off the stove and serve it hot.
How to make Carrot Halwa | Gajar ka Halwa
2 and 1/2 cups of grated carrot
3/4 cup sugar
1 and 1/2 cups of whole fat milk
Dry grapes and Cashew nuts
3 tbsp ghee
- Heat ghee in a pan and add in the nuts and roasted them until lite brown.
- Remove the roasted nuts and in the grated carrot. Stir them until it mix well with ghee.
- Add in the milk and let the carrot cook in the milk. Once the carrot absorbs the milk add the sugar and mix everything well.
- Once the halwa starts thickening add the roasted nuts.
- Turn off the stove when the ghee comes out from the halwa.
- Stir them once in 3 minutes, so that it will not get burned.