Are you planning to have something healthy and as well as tasty? Then, this recipe is for you guys. When, it comes to healthy, protein is one of the key factors, right? So, I have chosen Chana for my healthy snack. I wanna try it but not the regular one, a kind of different recipe. Then, suddenly something struck on my mind “how about making dry chana masala”. That was awesome. And moreover, you can add it to your diet (weight loss) as well. Okay, let’s try out the recipe.
Take one cup of white chana and wash it twice in the water. Then soak the Chana for about 8 hours or overnight. Next, add some salt and pressure cook it for about 4 to 5 whistles and keep it separately.
Heat oil in a pan, then add the nicely chopped onions and sault them till lite and soft.
Next, add in the ginger, garlic paste and cook them until the raw smell goes out.
Once after that, add the chopped tomatoes and sault it until the oil spills out.
Then add in the masala powders (turmeric, chili powder, garam masala, chana masala and salt). Mix them all together and cook then until the oil comes out from the masala.
Now add in the cooked chana and mix well with the masala. Next, add 2 to 3 tbsp of water not more than that. Then cover the pan with the lid and let them cook in medium flame for about 5 minutes.
Now increase the flame and cook it for 2 minutes. Add in 1 tbsp of lemon juice. Sault it well. Then chopped coriander leaves and serve it hot.
You can enjoy it separately or have it with roti or rice.
Dry Chana Masala | Tawa Chana fryCourse: Healthy Recipes
1 cup White / Black Chana
1 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp Chili powder each masala powder (turmeric, 1 tbsp chili powder, garam masala, chana masala)
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp garam masala
1 tbsp chana masla
1 tbsp lemon juice
salt (as required)
- Take chana in a bowl and wash it twice in the water. Then soak it for 8 hours or overnight. Add some salt and pressure cook the soaked chana for about 4 to 5 whistles.
- Heat the oil in the pan and add in the onions and sault until the onions are soft. Then add the ginger garlic paste andf cook it until the raw smell goes out.
- Now add in the chopped tomatoes and cook it until the oil spills out.
- Next, add the masala powder and give a nice mix and let it sit for 2 minutes until the oil comes out from the masala.
- Add in the cooked chana and mix it all together. Then add 3 tbsp of water and over the pan with a lid and let it cook in the medium flame for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, increase the flame and add the lemon juice to the masala and give a nice mix.
- Add the chopped coriander leaves and mix it well. Serve it hot.
- Don’t cook the chana on high flame. It will burn the masala.