When you have Paneer in your home, then think of trying a different recipe. Here I have shared you the recipe of Paneer Ghee Roast or Veg Ghee Roast. This is one of the tastiest dish in my list. It is a combination of sweetness and spicy. It goes well with chapati or roti or parotta. Try it out and share your experience.
Get ready with the ingredients………
Heat the pan and dry roast the Red chilies (add Kashmir red chilies to increase the color and texture) and transfer to a plate. Then add in the coriander seeds, Lavangam, Elachi, Cloves, Black Pepper, Fenugreek, Fennel seeds, and cumin seeds in the same pan and dry roast them until the nice aroma starts coming.
Turn Off the stove and transfer to a mixer. Then add garlic, ginger, tamarind water. Grind them into a nice paste. Add water if required.
Heat Ghee in a pan and add the Paneer pieces.
Fry the Paneer pieces until it turns golden brown. Move the pieces separately from the pan.
In the same pan, with the same ghee add the chopped onions.
Fry the onions until lite brown. Then add the paste and wash the mixer with some water (not more than 1/4 cup) and pour it in the pan.
Mix the paste and the onion well . Tell them cook for 10 minutes in high flame.
After 10 minutes add the Jaggery and Salt. Mix everything well.
Add in the fired Paneer pieces and mix well with the paste. Toast it for 3 to 5 minutes.
And that’s all your Paneer Ghee Roast is ready to serve.
Paneer Ghee Roast
200 g Paneer
1 cup Onion (Finely Chopped)
5 to 6 Red Chilies ( Add Kashmir Chilies 2 to 3 for color)
1 tbsp Coriander Seeds
1 tbsp Cumin Seeds
1 tbsp Fennel Seeds
1 tsp Black Pepper
3 or 4 Cloves
1 inch Lavangam and 2 or 3 Elachi
1/2 tsp Fenugreek Seeds
4 or 5 garlic cloves
1 lime sized tamarind (Soaked)
1 tsp Jaggery
- Dry roast the red chilies, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, cloves, elachi, lavangam, fenugreek, fennel seeds and Black Pepper corns. Let them cool completely.
- Move those ingredients to a mixer and add in Garlic cloves, tamarind water, ginger and grind them into a fine paste.
- Heat Ghee in a pan and add in the Paneer pieces and fry them until golden brown. Move the pieces separately and in the same pan add the onion.
- Sault them til lite brown and add the paste. Mix them together and cook in high flame for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, the paste will emit oil. That is the right stage. Now add in the fried Paneer pieces and sault them well.
- Leave it for 3 to 5 minutes. That’s it your Paneer Ghee roast is ready.
- If you are not using a non-stick pan, then cook it in the low flame to avoid burning. The cooking time will be more when you are not using the non-stick pan. Look at the consistency above in the picture and make your recipe.