Just think of having a full meals with the hot papadam. Its totally a divine for me. I was always wondering how they make this papadam. Then I learned it from the recipe note of my periamma and wanted to try this recipe. Finally, it came well and I wanted you guys to try this simple recipe at home.
Take 1 cup of black gram or ulunthu and grind it into a fine powder.
Take a sieve and strain the powder. Then add 1/4 tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp of Baking soda. Mix them well and add water to make it into a dough. Knead it well for about 5 minutes.
Note: Don’t make the dough watery. Make sure your dough looks tight.
Next, make them into small balls. Then roll them into a thin layer. Use a ring mold or a round top to even the papadam.
Then sun dry the papadam for about 2 hours or you can dry them using fan.
Once the papadam is dry, heat oil in the pan and let them puff. Don’t burn the papadam.
Here is your homemade urad / black gram papadam.
How to make Papadam at Home | Papadam recipe
1 cup Urad dal / black gram
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1/4 tsp Salt
3 to 4 tbsp of Water
- Take 1 cup of black gram or ulunthu and grind it into a fine powder. Use a sieve to strain the powder.
- Then take a bowl and add the black gram flour, salt, and baking soda. Give them a quick mix and add water to make it into a dough. Make sure your dough is tight.
- Knead the dough for 5 minutes and make them into small balls. Then roll them into a thin layer. You can use a ring mould or a sharp round top to even the shape.
- Next, sun dry it for 2 hours or use a fan to dry the papadam.
- Once the papadam is done, heat oil in a pan and let them to puff.
- That’s it your homemade papadam is raedy to serve.