Here is my another healthy and weight loss recipe ” Ragi கேழ்வரகு (Finger Millet) Chapathi. Ragi is packed with fiber, calcium, good carbs and vitamin D. This helps in weight loss and as well as helps in balancing diabetes. It also prevents you from obesity and helps in good digestion.
My mom used to make lots of dishes using ragi ( finger millet) like ragi laddu, ragi kali ராகி களி, ragi kool ராகி கூழ், etc., But when considering weight loss, I prepared this chapati. Okay, now let’s move on to the recipe.
Let’s get ready with the ingredients….
First, take a pan add 1 cup of water and salt. Mix them well and let it boil.
Now, lower the flame and add 1 cup of ragi ( finger millet) flour to the boiling water. Mix them gently and cook for 5 minutes.
Note: Make sure that ragi is cooked. Or else you get stomach ache.
Cook them until its nonstick to the pan. Transfer it to a bowl and knead the dough for 5 minutes until its non-stick. Then grease oil on the top. You can make chapathi instantly or leave it for 30 minutes.
Make the dough into small bowls and roll them as chapathi.
Toast the chapathi on both the sides and cook them well.
Serve them with kurma or coconut chutney.
3Ragi (Finger Millet) Chapathi |Weight Loss RecipeCourse: Breakfast, Weight Loss Guidelines and Recipes
1 cup Ragi / finger millet flour
1 cup water
- Add 1 cup water and a pinch of salt in a pan and let them boil.
- Next add the ragi flour and mix them together until it forms a dough.
- Move the dough to a bowl and knead the dough until its non-sticky. Grease oil on the top. Cover it for about 30 minutes.
- Make some bowls and roll into chapathi.
- Heat an iron pan and grease oil and toast the chapathi on both sides.
- Cook it well and serve it hot with coconut chutney or kurma.
- Make sure the ragi cooks well or else you will get a stomach ache.