In the beginning when I was fond of cooking new recipes. I always wanted to have Rajma Masala. But I never tried it. One day my Mumma told me to make lunch and she wants something different. So, Suddenly Rajma curry came in my mind and I tried that recipe. Surprisingly, it came well and my mom was impressed. Then I started to prepare the recipe often. This was the story behind my rajma curry. I want to share this recipe with you guys as well. So, tell us to try it together.
Lets get ready with the ingredients……….
In a bowl or a vessel take 1/2 cup Rajma beans and wash it twice in the clean water. Then soak it for about 8 hours or overnight.
Once after 8 hours, transfer the rajma beans to a cooker and add salt, 2 pieces of Elachi, 1 inch Lavangam and 1 bay leaf. Then add about 3 cups of water. Set the flame to low and let it cook for 15 minutes or 5 whistles.
Once after the whistle goes down, transfer the beans to a bowl and leave it to cool.
Now heat oil in a pan and add in the onions. Sault it until lite brown.
Once after the onions cooked well, add in the ginger garlic paste and cook it until the raw smell goes out. Now add in the tomato puree and mix it well.
Cook them until then oil spills out. Then add in the masala powder (Turmeric, Coriander powder, Cumin powder, Chili powder, Garam masala, and Salt.
Mix the ingredients and let it be until the oil comes out from the masala. Now add in the Rajma beans and give a quick stir.
Add the cooked water to the masala and them it start boiling.
Leave it to boil for 10 minutes in the high flame. Then add the chopped coriander leaves and again let it cook for another 5 to 10 minutes.
And that’s it your tasty Rajma curry (Kidney Beans curry) is ready to serve.
Rajma Masala | Rajma Recipes
1/2 cup of Soaked and cooked Rajma Beans
1 cup Tomato Puree
3/4 cup chopped Onions
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 tbsp Coriander Powder
1 tbsp Cumin Powder
1 tbsp Red Chili Powder
1 tbsp Garam Masala
Chopped Coriander Leaves
- Wash and Soak 1/2 cup of Rajma Beans. Then in a cooker add in the i inch Lavangam, 2 Elachi and 1 Bay leaf. Leave it to cook in low flame for about 5 whistles.
- Then heat oil in a pan and add in the chopped onions. Sault it well and add the ginger garlic paste. Cook them let the raw smell goes out.
- Add in the tomato puree and cook them it the oil starts separating. Then add the masala powder (Coriander, cumin, chili, and Garam masala) and mix everything well.
- Now add the cooked rajma beans along with cooked water. Leave it in the high flame and let it boil for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, add the chopped coriander leaves and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Turn Off the Stove and serve it with rice or even you can have it for Chapati as well.