Are you curving for homemade tandoori chicken on stove top? Then here is the recipe for you. I love tandoori chicken for its texture, smokie smell and juiciness. If you are the fan for it as well then try the recipe and share your feeling via comments.
Okay lets marinate the chicken pieces…..
Take a bowl and add one cup of curd/ yogurt and add in 1 tbsp of garam masala, chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, salt( required), and 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste. Mix all together and keep it aside.
Take cleaned chicken pieces and add Kashmir red chili powder and lime juice. Coat nicely with the chicken pieces.
Note: Make small cuts in the chicken pieces to marinate well.
Then add in the mixed masala and let it to marinate for about 5 to 8 hours.
After marinating, heat oil in the pan and place the chicken pieces on the pan. Let that cook for 5 minutes on one side. After 5 minutes apply some mixture (marinate masala) and flip the chicken pieces.
Repeat the greasing process until the chicken gets cooked. Now flip the chicken pieces and let them cook on both sides. Don’t over burn the chicken. Now take a small bowl and add in the lime juice, oil, and chili powder. Grease them all over and cook for another 2 minutes on high flame.
Note: If you don’t want lime to be added then just add oil and chili powder and brush the chicken top.
Once the chicken gets cooked, take a bowl and place the chicken on it. Then take a small silver bowl and place the heated coal on it. Pour few drops of oil and cover the bowl completely. Let the chicken gets smoked effect.
After 5 minutes, remove the coal and server the homemade tandoori chicken and enjoy.
Tandoori Chicken |Tandoori Chicken without Oven
Here is the restaurant-style tandoori chicken which you can try it out in your home on the stovetop. Try the recipe and enjoy it
1 kg cleaned chicken pieces (I have taken breast piece and chicken legs)
1 cup yogurt or curd
2 tbsp garam masala, 1 tbsp chili powder, 1 tbsp coriander powder, 1/2 tsp cumin powder.
1 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsp oil
Ginger garlic paste
- For Greasing
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp oil
- Take a bowl and add in the curd, ginger garlic paste, the masala powder (Chili, coriander, cumin, garam masala). Mix it all together and keep aside.
- Take the chicken pieces and coat it well with chili powder and lemon juice. Now add the marinate masala and mix it well. Let the chicken pieces marinate for about 5 to 8 hours.
- Once after marination, heat oil in the pan and add the chicken pieces. Brush the pieces with the marinated masala for every 3 minutes. Cook the pieces on the both sides.
- When the chicken gets cooked, take a small bowl and mix the chili powder, oil and lemon juice. Grease the mixer on the chicken and toast it on both sides. let them cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Turn off the stove.
- Heat the coal and place it on the small silver bowl and keep it inside the chicken pieces. Pour a few drops oil on to it. Cover the pan and let them sit for 5 minutes.
- Once after 5 minutes, move the tandoori chicken to a plate and enjoy the taste.